Cory Wong & Mr. Talkbox
Cory Wong might just be your new favorite guitar player.
The Minneapolis-based musician has put in his time as a versatile composer, arranger, producer, and collaborator, working on shows like NBC’s “The Voice,” playing alongside Ben Rector, Gene Simmons, Questlove, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Bootsy Collins, Blake Shelton, and most recently joining with the fast-rising funk band Vulfpeck as a touring and session guitarist.
His expert playing and diverse influences have kept him in demand around the world and around the clock, but he remains loyal to his Midwestern home. Dubbed “the most famous Minnesota musician you’ve probably never heard of” by Minneapolis’ The Current, Cory Wong is finally preparing to jump into the spotlight with his new album Cory Wong and the Green Screen Band.
Cory Wong is also the jedi-master secret weapon of Vulfpeck‘s most recent studio release The Beautiful Game. Vulf-fans recognize his name from the final track of the album (titled “Cory Wong”) or perhaps from his recent performances with Vulfpeck (he’s performed with them on
every date since the album’s release). He’s the subtle hero who can take a guitar part and turn it into his own magical Vulf-y thing. “Cory Wong and the Green Screen Band” is set to release September 22, 2017.
Orlando-born, two-time Dove Award winner and Grammy nominee, Byron “Mr. Talkbox” Chambers, has been making waves working and touring with such artists as TobyMac,
Matthew West, *NSYNC, Group 1 Crew, Nathan East, Marvin Sapp, Jonathan Butler, The Mighty Clouds of Joy, and Erica Campbell (Of Mary Mary). And he’s showing no signs of
Mr. Talkbox has also gained notoriety in the social media world through his hit Pic Play Post videos of chart-topping covers as well as some of his original material. With over 6 million views on Facebook, Mr. Talkbox has created a buzz that crosses genres.
• Featured on Bruno Mars’ “24K Magic” song
• Featured on Kendrick Lamar's "Loyalty" featuring Rihanna
• Featured Artist on Avery Sunshine’s Twenty Sixty Four Record song “Right Here” (April 2017 release)
• Featured Artist on Grammy Award Winners Morgan Heritage song “Want Some More” (May 2017 release)
• Featured Artist on Erica Campbell’s “More Than A Lover” from Help 2.0
• Grammy Nomination for Best Contemporary Song/Performance of the Year for Feature on TobyMac’s song “Feel It”
• Co-wrote/Performed on Toby Mac’s gold selling Grammy nominated “Diverse City”
• Guest Appearance/Writer on Toby Mac’s Gold Selling “Portable Sounds” and “Tonight” Guest Appearance on Toby Mac’s Grammy, Billboard, Dove Award winning “Eye On It”
2010 Dove Award Winner Writer/Arranger for Group 1 Crew’s #4 Billboard charting & Dove winning song “Movin”
• Writer/Arranger/Guest Appearance on Martha Munizzi’s Grammy nominated “No Limits” 5 #1 singles on iTunes Japan
• Dove Award Nominee for Christmas Album of the Year (Christmas in Diverse City)
• Featured on Isaac Caree’s Smash Hit “In The Middle” which spent 8 weeks at #1 on the Gospel Billboard Charts
• Featured on legendary bassist Nathan East’ “Daft Funk” which climbed to #1 on Billboard Smooth Jazz Charts